In addition to our team’s worldwide humanitarian efforts, EastguidesWest is also a Member of The Code. As an ethical and responsible tourism company, we are committed to protecting children from sexual exploitation.
Because it’s the right thing to do. Child sex tourism often takes place in hotels and uses other travel infrastructure. The UN estimates that there are 150 million girls and 73 million boys under the age of 18 who are victims of sexual exploitation. We have to try to tackle that and raise awareness.
We are implementing the following Six Criteria to our company practices:
- Establishing policy and procedures
- Training Employees in children’s rights, the prevention of sexual exploitation, and how to report suspected cases
- Including a clause in contracts, stating a zero tolerance policy
- Providing information to travellers • Supporting, collaborating and engaging stakeholders
- Reporting annually on our implementation of The Code